Wednesday, August 27, 2014

How To Look Ravishing While Baking

We all know the story we've seen it in movies a dozen times. When you surprise a girl baking you come upon a beautiful mess. Her hair is messed up perfectly, cute smears of flour and chocolate grace her face and apron, every dish has been used but the sparkling counter top can still be seen, her makeup is perfect and she's wearing something adorable and clean under her curve hugging apron. In fact she makes you think that a little baking is all you need to look ravishing.



My reality: When you surprise me baking the only cute flour marks I'll have is the hand print on my bottom from when I had to grab the phone real quick (hey I forgot the front was an apron!), the smears on my face make you sure I forgot to wash up that morning and was probably tasting batter straight from the mixing spoon (GASP, lets just pray I didn't eat a raw egg!) my hair is a mess alright but the kind of mess that makes you sure its been dipped in whatever I'm baking enough times to leave a slight shampoo taste to the batter.
 That cute curve hugging apron? Ha! It's sagging on top because the neck is way too big and the waist is tied as tight and high as I can get it so the darn neck loop stops putting pressure on the back of my neck. The sink is piled high and I was forced to use just one bowl for the entire baking experience and chances are I'm mid panic attack as I try and clean up a carton of eggs that a little helping someone dropped on the floor. Oh and the little bit of makeup I somehow found time to apply this morning is.. well lets just say I had to mince some onions for the dinner I prepped before this...

Okay, so maybe the title was a bit misconceiving but at least you learned not to start baking the hour before your someone special is coming home. YES, EVEN IF IT SAYS 30 MIN PREP/COOK TIME! In fact I suggest baking first thing in the morning, that gives you time to get cleaned up and gives the kids time to play in your mess making it obvious who was the culprit.

keep the cute apron for when your not actually baking...


*exaggeration may have been used in this post

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, totally. And the prep/cook time is rarely applicable to me. Especially if vegetables are involved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No exaggeration that I can see ;-)!

    ReplyDelete